SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN RESULTS
After in vivo and in vitro tests, Sérélys®has proven its efficacy after several clinical and satisfaction studies. Sérélys® has scientifically proven a decrease in discomforts linked to the perimenopause and to the menopause.
Double blind studies versus palcebo
A first double blind study versus placebo carried out on 54 menopausal women, who were taking 2 tablets per day for 3 months, showed that Sérélys®was efficient on the overall discomforts in 7 out of 10 women (1) (2)
A second clinical study (double blind study versus placebo) on 101 menopausal women, during 3 months also proved that Sérélys® helped to reduce the intensity of the overall signs.
What is more the blood dosages of FSH estrogen, testosterone and SHBG showed no concentration variation in patients under Sérélys®. This study also proved that Sérélys® has no hormone action. (3).
MULTICENTRIC SATISFACTION STUDIES
A first multicentric study carried out on 417 menopausal women and followed by 102 doctors, 2 tablets per day for 3 months, also showed Sérélys’s® efficacy on perimenopausal and menopausal discomforts:
Sérélys® improves quality of sleep by 47% and quality of life by 48% (4).
SECOND MULTICENTRIC SATISFACTION STUDY
This recent study performed on 324 women and followed by 90 gynecologists, published in March 2015 in the magazine Génésis showed that Sérélys® is as efficient on perimenopausal women as on menopausal women.
The results proved to be reproducible with respect to the previous study (5) :
- 9 in 10 women felt an improvement regarding hot flushes
“Based on the clinical trials carried out, Sérélys®offers a notable efficacy on the most frequent climacteric discomforts, that is to say hot flushes and night sweats, prompting a substantial improvement of menopausal women’s quality of life. Sérélys®may be safely taken by patients suffering from breast cancer or in remission and who are also suffering from menopausal symptoms, because of the lack of significate quantities of phytoestrogens, the absence of estrogenic activity and of an uterotrophic effect, and also because the clinical trials which have shown an excellent tolerance to the treatment. And so, Sérélys®finds its place in the therapeutic arsenal offered to gynecologists and oncologists, facing a demand of safe hormone free strategies that are likely to relieve hot flushes in women who are suffering from breast cancer or who have survived such cancer.” Dr Espié/Dr Druckmann
- Winther, K…, Rein, E..,Hedman, C: Femal/Sérélys, a herbal remedy made from pollen extracts, reduces hot flushes and improves quality of life in menopausal women : a randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel study: Climacteric, 2005: 8:162-170.
- Kaj Winther:MD,DMSCi,Dept. Biochem. A preparation containing pollen and pistil extracts combined with Royal jelly reduces PMS and Menopausal symptoms. Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK-2900 Hellerup, Denmark, Christer Hedman: DMSCi, Medartis, Sahlgrenska Science Park, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Dr Gerhardt M. Gerhardsen, Legehuset, Forteins Valens vei 45, Kolbotn, Norway, Dr Frank H. Petersen. Double blind multicentric study versus placebo. 101 patients. Gynecology Ward, Herning Hospital, Denmark. Dr Gitte Gleerup Fornitz, Dr in Medecine and Sciences, Amager Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark, 6th Congress of the European Society of Gynecology.
- David Elia, Pierre Marès. Sérélys® Food supplement tolerance and efficacy evaluation, in menopausal woman. Human Reproduction and Hormone, 2009.
- Druckmann, M Lachowsky, D Elia. Quality of life, efficacy and tolerance of Sérélys ® evaluation, in perimenopausal and menopausal women. Génésis, 2015.